Article 1 (Privacy Information)
- Among Privacy Information, “Personal Information” means the “Personal Information” as prescribed by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, which shall mean any information about a living individual which can be used to identify that specific individual due to its inclusion of a name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information or other such information.
- Among Privacy Information, “History and Characteristic Information” means information other than “Personal Information” as set forth above, which shall mean information about services used or goods purchased by Users, date/time and method of using the Services, usage environment of the Services, postal code, gender, occupation, age, IP address, and location information of Users, and device identification information of Users.
Article 2 (Method of Collection of Privacy Information)
- When a User uses the Services, the Company may obtain information such as name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone number and e-mail address of such User, name of the group/corporation to which such User belongs and his/her title in such group/corporation, and any other information provided by such User upon making inquiries. In addition, the Company may collect a record of transactions entered into between the User and any alliance partner or other relevant party of the Company (including information providers, advertisers, and websites where advertisements are placed; the “Alliance Partner(s)”) containing the User’s Personal Information and payment information from the Company’s Alliance Partners.
Article 3 (Purposes for Collection and Use of Personal Information)
The Company collects and uses the Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services;
- To make announcements or notification to Users;
- To verify each User’s identity;
- To research and analyse the use of the Services;
- To conduct market researches or questionnaires;
- To reject Users who try to use the Services for any illicit or wrong purposes including in order to cause damages to a third party;
- To introduce various services and events, etc. provided by the Company or a third party;
- To respond to inquiries from Users;
- Any other purposes incidental to each item above; or
- To provide information if conditions set forth in Article 4 (Provision of Personal Information by Third Party) are satisfied.
Article 4 (Provision of Personal Information by Third Party)
- Except for the following cases, the Company will not provide the Personal Information of a User to any third party without prior consent of such User, except for the case where such provision is allowed by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or any other applicable laws or regulations:
- If it is made pursuant to applicable laws or regulations;
- If it is necessary for protection of lives, bodies and property of others and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the User;
- If it is particularly necessary for enhancement of public health or promotion of sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the User;
- If the Company is required to cooperate with any state agencies or local governments or their commissioned agents to perform their duties pursuant to applicable laws or regulations, and such performance is likely to be precluded if the consent of the User is sought; or
- If the following matters are announced or published in advance:
- The purpose of using such Personal Information includes the provision to a third party;
- Items of data to be provided to a third party;
- Means or method of provision to a third party; and
- The fact that the provision of the Personal Information will be suspended by request from the User.
- Notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph, the following cases shall not be considered to be provision of the Personal Information to a third party;
- Where the Company commissions all or part of the handling of the Personal Information to others to the extent necessary for achievement of the purposes of using such information;
- Where the Personal Information is provided upon business transfer of the Company by way of merger or other similar transactions; or
- Where the Personal Information is shared with a certain person, if such fact as well as the items of the Personal Information to be shared, scope of users sharing the information, the name of a person responsible for the purpose of use and the management of such Personal Information are informed to the User in advance or put in a state in which the User can easily learn of.
Article 5 (Disclosure of the Personal Information)
- Upon the User’s request to disclose his/her Personal Information, the Company shall, without delay, disclose to the User such information. However, the Company may not disclose all or part of the information if such disclosure falls under any of the following items and, if the Company has decided not to disclose, then it shall notify such fact without delay. Please note that disclosure of Personal Information incurs a handling fee of 1,000 yen per application.
- If it is likely to damage or harm lives, bodies, property or other rights or benefits of the User or a third party;
- If it is likely to significantly hinder an appropriate implementation of the Company’s business activities; or
- If it otherwise breaches applicable laws or regulations.
- Notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph, any information other than the Personal Information, such as the History and Characteristic Information, shall not be disclosed in principle.
Article 6 (Modification and Deletion of Personal Information)
- Any User may, if his/her Personal Information held by the Company is false, request the Company to modify or delete such Personal Information in accordance with the procedures set forth by the Company.
- When the Company finds it necessary to accept the request of the User under the preceding Paragraph, it shall modify or delete such Personal Information without delay and inform this to the User.
Article 7 (Suspension of Use, Etc. of Personal Information)
When any User requests suspension of use or deletion of the Personal Information (the “Suspension of Use, Etc.”) on the grounds that it is used beyond the scope of its purposes of use or it is obtained by fraudulent means, then the Company shall conduct necessary researches without delay and, based on the results thereof, conduct the Suspension of Use, Etc. of the Personal Information and inform the User thereof. However, when the Suspension of Use, Etc. of the Personal Information requires considerable expense or otherwise it is difficult to conduct the Suspension of Use, Etc., if it is possible to take alternative necessary measures to protect the rights and benefits of the User, the Company shall take such alternative measures.
- The Company may amend the terms of this Policy without notice to Users.
Article 9 (Contact for Inquiries)
Please direct any inquiries on this Policy to the following:
Address: 2-13-33-203, Kamiosaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
Name of Company: Tricol Co., Ltd.